Dear Patients, Families, and Visitors,
As a member of the Greater Houston community and the Texas Medical Center, and as a leader in hospice care, Houston Hospice places safety above all else and will continue to adhere to all COVID-19 Safety Protocols. We ask that all visitors to Houston Hospice adhere to our updated safety protocols.
Updated Visitor Safety Protocols
- Each person entering the building is required to have their temperatures checked, daily.
- All visitors are required to wear safety masks.
- Visitors of all ages can visit patients in our Inpatient Unit.
- There is no longer a limit to the amount of visitors for each patient/room.
- We ask that you maintain 6-feet of social distancing.
- At our Inpatient Unit, common areas are open to all visitors.
- When nurses and support staff visit your home, hospital or care facility, they are required to pass our PreWork Screening to verify that they do not have COVID-19 symptoms. In addition, our teams must wear face masks, maintain sanitized, proper protective equipment, sort medical supplies to avoid cross contamination, wash hands before and after visits and use hand sanitizer.
Houston Hospice’s number one priority is the continued safety of our patients, families, and staff. We will continue to monitor the Texas Medical Center and the Center for Disease Control, make relevant decisions accordingly and keep you updated. Should you have any additional questions, please contact Jayne O’Brien, RN, MSN, Vice President of Patient Services at 713-467-7423.
Rana S. McClelland, MBA
President & CEO