Dear Patients, Families, and Visitors,
As a member of the Greater Houston community and the Texas Medical Center, and as a leader in hospice care, Houston Hospice places safety above all else and will continue to adhere to all COVID-19 Safety Protocols. As such, we ask that all visitors to Houston Hospice continue to adhere to our existing safety protocols.
Visitor Safety Protocols
- Each person entering the building is required to have their temperatures checked.
- Visitors are required to wear safety masks.
- Visitors can visit patients at a maximum of two per patient at a time and must be 13 years old or older.
- We ask that you maintain 6-feet of social distancing.
- At our Inpatient Unit, communal areas remain temporarily closed.
- When nurses and support staff visit your home, hospital or care facility, they are required to wear face masks/face shields, maintain sanitized, proper protective equipment, sort medical supplies to avoid cross contamination, wash hands before and after visits and use hand sanitizer.
Houston Hospice’s number one priority is the continued safety of our patients, families, and staff. We will continue to monitor the Texas Medical Center and the Center for Disease Control, make relevant decisions accordingly and keep you updated. Should you have any additional questions, please contact Nurse Kim Tucker at 713-561-2565.
Rana S. McClelland
President & CEO